Simple Checkbook Cover Tutorial
My daughter asked me to make her a checkbook cover so she didn’t have to use the plastic one (gasp!) from the bank – so of course I did! It seemed a shame that someone like myself who can sew, had been using a plastic one too! (oh the horror) So I went on to make one for me and it didn’t stop there! They are quick and easy to put together and great little gifts. I thought you might enjoy the free tutorial. So here you go…
BODY – Fabric A cut 2 – 7.25” x 7”
POCKETS – Fabric B cut 2 – 6.5” x 7”
Fusible Interfacing cut 1 – 6.5“ x 6.25”
1) Fold pocket fabric in half matching long ends.
2) Sew 1/8” seam along fold edge.
3) Center and fuse interfacing to the wrong side of one fabric A piece.
4) Place pockets on ends of second fabric A piece (right side up) with folded edges in middle.
5) Pin pockets in place.
6) Place interfacing/fabric A unit from step 3 on top of pocket unit.
7) Pin layers in place.
8) With all layers together sew accurate 1/4” seam leaving opening to turn.
9) Sew 1/8” seam along outer edge enclosing opening.
10) Enjoy your new checkbook cover!
Get the PDF Version of the Simple CHECKBOOK COVER PATTERN